1 cup flour
5 tbsp. Crisco
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
5 tbsp. cold water
1. Cut Crisco into flour, salt, and sugar until it looks like coarse meal.
2. Stir in very cold water.
3. Pour onto floured paper towels and roll out.
4. Place in bottom of greased pie pan and trim to fit. Take care that there are no leaks in the crust.
3 eggs slightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1 cup white Karo
3 tbsp. butter melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cups of pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together and pour into unbaked pie shell.
3. Bake for 50 to 55 mins or until knife inserted halfway between center and crust comes out clean.
4. Cool on wire rack.
Tip: a pecan pie, to me, is the most unforgiving thing to make. Follow the recipe exactly or it just will not turn our right. Watch time carefully and don’t over bake. Don’t double recipe.