Peanut Butter Fudge
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 glass of cold water (for observation)
1. Mix white and brown sugar with milk in pot and bring to a boil.
2. Stir in peanut butter and reduce heat to medium.
3. After mixed well bring back to a boil.
4. Fudge is done cooking when a drop forms a ball in glass of cold water or until candy thermometer reaches 228 degrees.
5. Take off stove and quickly stir in margarine and vanilla until fudge hardens.
6. Pour fudge into slightly greased dish and let cool before cutting.
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Blend sugar, cocoa, and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Be sure to stir constantly.
2. Reduce heat and simmer until a drop forms a ball in a glass of cold water or until candy thermometer reaches 220 degrees.
3. Take off stove and quickly stir in margarine and vanilla until fudge hardens.
4. Pour fudge into slightly greased dish and let cool before cutting.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (large batch)
1 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt (don’t use if peanut butter is salted)
1. In a saucepan, melt coconut oil over medium-low heat.
2. Blend in the peanut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and salt into the melted coconut oil until smooth.
3. Pour fudge into slightly greased dish and add peanut butter topping.
Peanut Butter Topping
2 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
2 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter
1. Melt the peanut butter and coconut oil together in a small saucepan and drizzle over the chocolate.
2. Use a fork or toothpick to make design.
3. Let cool in refrigerator before cutting.