Cajun Crawfish and Grits Dressing
1 lb. peeled crawfish tails
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Louisiana Cajun Seasoning
1 cup uncooked 5-minute grits
3 eggs slightly whisked
1/2 cup onion, bell pepper, and celery seasoning blend
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated or powdered)
1/2 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a large saucepan sauté onion, bell pepper, and celery until onion is semi-translucent. Set aside.
3. Bring broth, salt, and Louisiana Seasoning to a boil in the large saucepan.
4. Stir in grits, quickly whisking, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir in butter.
5. Cover skillet and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
6. In large bowl stir together eggs, seasoning blend, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
7. Slowly add about a third of the grits to the egg mixture, stirring to mix well.
8. Add to the saucepan of grits and blend.
9. Stir in Crawfish and pour into a lightly greased 7 x 11 baking dish.
10. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
11. Serve as you would traditional dressing.